- Make a powerful impact in one of Australia’s largest industries.
- Be a leading advocate and drive the policy agenda for Victoria.
- Join an organisation that values their people and empowers them to deliver.
The Property Council of Australia are the trusted voice of the property industry that touches the lives of all Australians and is the country’s largest employer.
They work with their members who shape Australia’s cities for the better.
They also work hard and know how to celebrate achievements, call out great work and actively encourage a healthy balance between work and home life.
About the role
This is a high-profile role, leading the Victorian team for the Property Council of Australia. You’ll work alongside the most respected leaders of Australia’s largest industry and your skills, ideas and drive will strongly contribute to the success of an industry that employs over 1.4 million Australians. Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will lead the co-ordination and delivery of the VIC Division’s policy, advocacy, government relations and corporate communications activities, within the framework of the Property Council’s membership services and, advocacy and commercial priorities. You will also lead public facing communications campaigns in support of advocacy objectives and deliver a strong media profile for the Property Council and the industry which reinforces their desired brand.
The following skills and attributes will help you to be successful in this role:
- Strong leadership capability demonstrated through effective people management skills, problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills;
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills, including negotiation and advocacy skills;
- Excellent understanding of political and policy development processes and deep experience in policy writing;
- Experience in media and public speaking; and
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in politics, public affairs, economics, law, communications or a related discipline.
On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive remuneration and benefits package. If you’re interested in this role, please register your interest using the apply button.
Applications close at 5 pm, Thursday 22 October 2020.
For further information or to have a confidential conversation regarding your suitability, please contact Sahana Gabriel, Head of Research at Meritos on 02 9055 4474 or email@example.com.