Human Resources Manager
A best in class HR Professional is sought!
About our client
The Westmead Institute for Medical Research (WIMR) is one of the largest medical research institutes in Australia with over 600 staff and students across 11 research centres. Its research spans infectious and immune diseases; cancer and leukaemia; liver and metabolic diseases; eye and brain related disorders and heart and respiratory disorders.
About the opportunity
As the HR Manager, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation and review of the HR Strategy for WIMR. You will closely collaborate with Executive Leadership to ensure the people and culture strategies are aligned to organisational and stakeholder needs to facilitate achievement of the desired results. You will operate as a strategic partner to the Executive providing expert HR advice; lead the development and implementation of the WIMR HR plan (this includes recruitment, performance management, talent identification, and management, succession planning, learning & development and employee relations matters); lead HR change initiatives; oversee compliance; undertake Work, Health and safety responsibilities; and support the reporting requirements of the WIMR board and the HR and Remuneration sub-committee.
The HR Manager is part of WIMR’s Support Services department, which also includes Marketing & Communications, Finance and Administration, Research Support & Scientific Support Services.
About your experience
To be considered for this role you will:
- Be degree qualified in human resources or equivalent with strong knowledge and experience in leading core HR functions including performance management, industrial relations, recruitment, employee relations, developing HR plans and managing change;
- Be a strong strategic and conceptual thinker with a ‘hands-on’ focus;
- Demonstrate strong team leadership and management capability;
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and understanding of Industrial Relations i.e. Fair Work Act, Awards and conditions, Equal Opportunity Legislation, and understanding of Immigration rules relating to employee sponsored visas;
- Be a pragmatic and decisive decision-maker who understands what is “right and relevant” with deep ER experience;
- Proven leadership and coaching skills; be highly collaborative in style;
- Possess excellent influencing and communication (oral and written) skills with the ability to interact and build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Demonstrate expertise in undertaking change management initiatives;
- Have experience working closely with Executive Leadership;
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver innovative outcomes in an increasingly competitive environment with limited resources - essential; and
- Previous experience in a regulatory, academic, research environment would be desirable as would experience working in the Not-for-Profit sector.
If this is your next challenge, please register your interest using the apply button. For further information or to have a confidential conversation regarding your suitability, please contact Sahana Gabriel on 02 9055 4474 or by emailing email@example.com.