Head of Talent and Organisational Capability
A best in class HR Professional is sought!
About our client
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. They work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. SSI is a member of the Australian Network on Disability (AND) which seeks to advance the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business.
About the People and Culture team
To ensure that the People and Culture (PAC) team can support and provide the operating model to create a sustainable future for SSI's business, clients and their people, the General Manager PAC has reorganised the function aligning with the strategic visioning and foresight for SSI. At the forefront of this HR transformation is a high impact operating model that leverages communities of expertise across the suite of talent and organizational capability; culture, inclusion and wellbeing; work health and safety; rewards and recognition; and delivers through strategic business partnering and talent acquisition, and drives operational excellence through technology solutions and service delivery platforms. This transformation will shape and enable the strategic direction of the business, enhance continuous operating efficiency, build strong leaders across the organisation and foster a culturally diverse and inclusive environment creating SSI as an even greater place to work, learn and grow.
One of the exciting opportunities to join this team to deliver quality advice and outcomes is the Head of Talent and Organisational Capability (TOC).
About the opportunity
As Head of Talent and Organisational Capability (TOC) you will be responsible for strategically leading the design, development, implementation and facilitation of organisational wide initiatives across strategic workforce planning, talent and performance management, learning and development, talent acquisition, and change management. Leading the TOC team and in partnering with the broader People & Culture team, Business Leaders, Program & Functional Leaders, and external thought leaders, you will innovate and leverage best practices to create an integrated talent management framework and design a compelling EVP and employer brand aligned to the strategic business goals and reputation and proactively build organisational capability to sustain, grow and lead the change for the SSI business.
About your experience
To be considered for this role you will:
- Be degree qualified in human resources or equivalent and NGO or corporate experience with solid experience leading an OD Function;
- Be a strong strategic and conceptual thinker with a ‘hands-on’ focus;
- Demonstrate strong team leadership and management capability;
- Proven experience in designing an Integrated talent and performance management framework, inclusive of strategic workforce planning, business planning and budget process;
- Have a high level of creativity complemented with excellent presentation & facilitation skills;
- Proven leadership and coaching skills; be highly collaborative in style;
- Excellent influencing and communication (oral and written) skills with the ability to interact and build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Proven expertise in creating and implementing change frameworks to organisation-wide business units;
- Experience working with senior executives including the CEO;
Demonstrable commercial acumen; be highly flexible; with the ability to identify business opportunities and operationalise these with appropriate governance; and
Proven project management skills.
If this is your next challenge, please register your interest using the apply button. For further information or to have a confidential conversation regarding your suitability, please contact Christine O'Donnell on 02 9055 4460 or by emailing email@example.com.